Pillows & Paws Cottages is a trading brand of Puddleduck Valley LLP.
Puddleduck Valley only accepts bookings from persons over 18 years of age. We reserve the right, at all times – without statement of reasons – to refuse a booking. Puddleduck Valley will confirm the booking via e-mail within 24 hours. The confirmation must be checked immediately on receipt for any errors. Possible or claimed inadequacies must always be notified by email or phone within 10 days following the date of the confirmation/invoice and in any case before the start of the stay. If, within 10 days after the booking, you are not in possession of a confirmation email, you must get in touch with Puddleduck Valley by email or telephone.
2. Group bookings
It is the right of Puddleduck Valley to refuse group bookings if we feel this may be of detriment to other guests staying. Single gender groups are only permitted by telephone confirmation. It is our right to refuse entry to any group bookings not authorised via telephone or email and any monies paid will not be reimbursed. In case of query regarding groups please call us on 01409 281311 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The prices on www.pillowsandpawscottages and www.supercontrol.co.uk are not binding; Puddleduck Valley reserves the right to modify these prices. At the time of booking you will be informed of the prices applicable. The price stated on the confirmation is binding. Discounts and/or special offers can no longer be used after the confirmation/invoice has been sent by Puddleduck Valley.
4. Accommodation rental
In the rental price of every accommodation the following is included:
- Rental of accommodation
- Bed and kitchen linen
- Use of and access to the Puddleduck Valley grounds (where permitted)
- Vehicle access to identified car parks
- Use of water
- Use of electricity
- Use of heat
- Final clean up
Not included are, among other things:
- Washing of the dishes and cooking utensils
- Separating recycling and waste into bags and placing it in the appropriate container
- Cleaning of accommodation during your stay (including but not limited to private bathrooms for yurts). Cleaning may be arranged as an additional chargeable service. Please contact 01409 281311 for prices and booking.
These conditions are specific to bookings created through the website www.pillowsandpawscottages.co.uk. We love to meet visiting dogs but have to impose certain terms and conditions to ensure the safety and enjoyment of teh site and accommodation for all guests.
- Dogs are permitted to stay with guests free of charge (maximum 2 dogs per accommodation) in Buttermilk & Stables cottages
- Dogs up to a maximum size of a Labrador are permitted (57cm at withers)
- Dogs are not permitted in bedrooms or on furniture
- Dogs must not be left alone in accommodation at any time
- Dogs are not permitted in any animal enclosures
- Dogs must be on a leash (extendable leashes are permitted) at all times when outdoors on site at Puddleduck Valley
- All dog mess must be bagged and disposed of at the disposal points in all locations including the woods and fields
- Dogs are only accepted on the understanding that they are kept under control and must not display aggressive or threatening behaviour to other guests or representatives of Puddleduck Valley
- If a guest or guest’s dog breaches these terms, the representative of Puddleduck Valley may refuse the guest to take possession of the property or terminate the guest’s stay. In this event the guest shall be deemed to have cancelled the booking and the guest shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement
- We accept no liability for the safety of your pet
The guest is liable for all damage caused by his/her pets. The guest should remove all traces (inside and out) of pets from the accommodation prior to final departure.
Puddleduck Valley reserves the right to levy the following additional charges for any extra cleaning required after the Guest’s occupancy:
- Dog hair found on beds results in a cleaning fee of an additional £50.
- Dog urine or faeces found in accommodation results in a cleaning fee of an additional £75.
- Guests must inform a representative of Puddleduck Valley immediately on discovery of damage, staining or fouling. Failure to do so may incur penalty charges up to the value of replacement. Example replacement costs are: carpet (£500), matress (£300), curtains (£250).
If damage affects subsequent booking(s), guests will be charged for the relocation of the subsequent booking(s) to other accommodation (travel & accommodation fees) PLUS the full value of the booking affected at Puddleduck Valley.
Booking payments are made in two stages. The deposit must be paid at the time of booking. The balance of the booking amount must be in possession of Puddleduck Valley at the latest, 14 days before the start of your stay. In the event of bookings made within 14 days before the start of your stay the entire booking amount must be paid immediately.
In the case of late or incomplete payment of the amounts invoiced to you, you are in default. Puddleduck Valley will send you a reminder of the outstanding payment. If the amount, within 2 calendar days after the date of the reminder is not yet in possession of Puddleduck Valley, then we are entitled to unilaterally annul the agreement by means of an email or letter to the guest. You are responsible for all damages which Puddleduck Valley suffers or will suffer as a consequence of this, as well as all costs which Puddleduck Valley made with regard to your booking and the cancellation.
7. Alteration costs
If, after confirmation of the booking, you would like to make some alterations to the booking, Puddleduck Valley is not obliged to satisfy these requests. It is at the discretion of Puddleduck Valley whether, and to what extent, these alterations will be accepted but we will do our best to accommodate your wishes.
In the event of a cancellation more than 4 weeks before the commencement of the stay, 100% of the rental amount is refundable.
In the event of cancellation is within 4 weeks before the start of the stay 40% of the entire rental amount will be payable if Puddleduck Valley does not successfully rebook the accommodation with another customer.
In the event of cancellation is within 1 week before the start of the stay 100% of the entire rental amount will be payable if Puddleduck Valley does not successfully rebook the accommodation with another customer.
9. Arrival and departure
Procedure before arrival.
Please bring a (digital or printed) copy of your booking confirmation email.
10. Arrival and departure procedure.
On arrival at Puddleduck Valley, you may need to produce your booking confirmation email. You have access to your accommodation from 4pm on the day of arrival. On the day of departure you must vacate your accommodation by 11:00am. Kindly note that the Puddleduck Valley check in time is between 4.00pm and 7.00pm. It is in your own interest not to arrive late, but should you be unavoidably delayed, please contact us on 01409281311. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL OR TEXT. This number automatically forwards to our mobile phones if we are out and about on the land.
11. Domestic Regulations
In order to make the stay on the farm for all guests as pleasant as possible, all guests must keep to the determined rules of behaviour laid down in the Domestic Regulations. You can ask for the Domestic Regulations on arrival. Breaching the Domestic Regulations can lead to removal from the accommodation without a refund of the rental sum or a part of it. Puddleduck Valley reserves the right to make alterations in the set-up and opening hours of the facilities and supplies at Puddleduck Valley. We would also bring your attention to the fact that it is unlikely but possible that maintenance activities may be carried out during your stay on the grounds or to the accommodation(s) without you being entitled to any compensation. We endevour to limit any maintenance to an absolute minimum during guests staying on site.
12. Force majeure
Force majeure on the side of Puddleduck Valley exists if the implementation of the agreement is entirely or partially, temporarily or permanently, prevented due to circumstances which are beyond the control of Puddleduck Valley, including but not limited to threat of war, staff strikes, blockades, fire, floods and other disruptions or events.
13. Guest (Tenant) Liability, Damage & Cleaning Charges
Puddleduck Valley accepts no liability for:
- Theft, loss or damage, of whatever nature, during or as a result of a stay on one of our affiliated farms.
- Falling into defect or putting out of action of technical equipment and loss or closure of utility supplies
- The tenant and those who accompany him or her, are jointly and severally responsible for all loss and/or damage to all goods, fixtures, fittings, equipment and property owned or leased by Puddleduck Valley which arises, for Puddleduck Valley and/or any third party as a direct or an indirect consequence of their stay, irrespective of whether this was caused through actions or refraining from actions by themselves or by third parties, who are at Puddleduck Valley through their making, as well as of all damage which is caused by any animal and/or matter which they have under their responsibility and you agree to a charge by Puddleduck Valley for the repair or replacement of the aforesaid damaged items including any postage where applicable.
If you leave your accommodation in an improper condition, additional (cleaning) costs may be charged.
Despite all the care of Puddleduck Valley it may occur that you have a genuine complaint. You must take up this complaint with us immediately, in order to allow us to solve the matter as soon as possible.
15. Assumption of Risks
Puddleduck Valleyis a working farm with live animals and potentially dangerous farm equipment amongst other hazards such as but not limited to steep slopes, slippy surfaces, ponds and fast flowing streams. Also you must be aware that some of the equipment on site may be dangerous if misused. Whilst we take great care to keep you safe, accidents can happen and neither we nor Puddleduck Valley LLP are responsible for such accidents (to the greatest extent permitted by law). It is your responsibility to supervise any children and pets. If you notice that any equipment looks faulty and/or unsafe you must inform a representative of Puddleduck Valley as soon as possible. We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance against the risk of accidents and your stay being cut short.
16. Day visitors
In principle, it is permitted for you to receive visitors during your Puddleduck Valley stay. These visitors must report themselves to the owners. Visitors will be charged £20 per car.
Your contract partner is Puddleduck Valley LLP a limited partnership registered in England. These general conditions are applicable to all reservations, directly or indirectly made with Puddleduck Valley. Alterations are reserved on the contents of our publications. Obvious printing errors do not bind us.
Privacy and Cookie Policies
Please click here
Please click here
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical and electronic security to safeguard the information we collect online.
OTHER WEB SITES
Our web site may contain links to enable you to visit other web sites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over that other web site. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the web site in question.
The companies covered by this notice:
Puddleduck Valley LLP, Company number: OC374754, Registered address: Puddleduck Valley, Cookbury Court, Cookbury, Devon EX22 7YG
Pillows & Paws cottages trading as Puddleduck Valley LLP